We remember in prayer:
Sat 5 Sept 6.30pm John & Bridget Bergin, Grallagh, and daughters Bernie & Tricia
Sat 12 Sept 6.30pm Tom O’ Donnell, Fussough
Pray for: Fr John McGrath, Cashel & Rosegreen parish, and Moycarkey, who died recently.
HOLY COMMUNION MINISTERS (On duty next week)
BOHERLAHAN: Roger Kennedy; Bernadette McGrath
DUALLA: Bridget Flynn; Marie O’ Gorman
Tue 8 Sept is the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Wed 9 Sept is the memorial of St Ciaran, abbot. He was the founder of the world-famous monastery at Clonmacnoise.
Sat 12 Sept is the feast of St Ailbe, bishop, patron of the Archdiocese of Cashel and Emly. We ask his intercession for the spiritual good of all the people of the Archdiocese.
Ushers/Stewards for the Month of September: as there are no collections during Mass, we invite the collectors normally rostered to help as stewards/ushers:
Boherlahan: (Sat. eve.) Michael Wallace; Betty Carew; Jerry Fogarty
(Sun. Morn.) Ml Maher & Jn P. O’ Dwyer; Marian Ryan; James Murphy
Dualla: (Sat. 6:30 pm) Catherine Hayes; Breda Ryan
(Sun 9:30 am) Eleanor Dwyer; Breda Clarke
- We ask those coming into the church to wear a mask.
- We again encourage you to follow the direction of the stewards/ushers at each Mass.
- Please sanitize your hands entering and leaving the church and at all times respect physical distancing.
- The Collection Box is in the porch of the Church if you wish to make a contribution.
- Holy Communion will be distributed inside and outside the church after Mass has finished.
- At the end of each Mass, we are hoping for volunteers to help in sanitizing the pews and seats. Some cloths and sanitizing liquid are available in the church. If people brought a wipe and sanitizer with them and looked after the pew they are using this would be very helpful.
- In the porches of the churches there is a copy book where we invite you to sign your name.
- We ask everyone to use good common sense in respecting all the protocols. We thank you for your wonderful cooperation thus far.
- Dispensation from Sunday and Holyday obligation is extended for the time being.
- In arranging Anniversary Masses, Baptisms or Weddings it would be best to ring the priests or the sacristans.
- Baptisms and Weddings may be celebrated respecting physical distancing.
Emergencies: during the Covid-19 restrictions, Fr Dunne remains on-call to respond to emergencies e.g. sacrament of the sick. Please telephone him at 083-4854776.
Newsletter Notices: please forward by Wednesday evening any items for the newsletter to either of the priests or at the usual email address: firstname.lastname@example.org These will be included in the online newsletter which will be posted each week on www.boherlahandualla.ie during the pandemic restrictions.
We are hoping to begin a ‘new normal’ next week. The times of Masses are as follows:
BOHERLAHAN: Morning Masses 9.00am Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday;
Evening Masses 7.30pm Monday and Thursday
DUALLA: Morning Masses 9.30am Monday to Friday
Weekend Mass times in Boherlahan and Dualla will remain unchanged.
Holycross Annual Solemn Novena 2020.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions the Novena will be held behind closed doors this year. It will be available online on www.churchservices.tv/holycrossabbey at 10.30am and 7.30pm daily. The Session for the Sick will be broadcast online and on Tipperary Mid West Radio at 2.00pm on Saturday 12 September. Please see holycrossballycahill.com/novena. Contact 0504-43124 or email@example.com for more information.
First Holy Communion Dates 2020:
- Dualla NS Sat 19 Sept 11.00am at Our Lady of Fatima Church, Dualla;
- San Isadóir Boherlahan NS Sat 26 Sept 11.00am at Immaculate Conception Church, Boherlahan;
- Little Flower NS Ballytarsna Sat 3 Oct 11.00am at Our Lady of Fatima Church, Dualla.
Current government Covid-19 guidelines will have to be respected in these celebrations. Unfortunately for these celebrations we are limited to 50 people. As a result we ask that the First Communicant and their parents plus school personnel attend the ceremony in the church. All other siblings, grandparents and friends are welcome to stay in their cars outside the church during the ceremony. We know that we can rely on your goodwill and understanding in making these requests.
Alone manage a National Support Line and additional supports for older people who have concerns or are facing difficulties relating to the outbreak of Covid-19. Professional staff are available to answer queries and give advice and assurance where necessary. The Support Line is open seven days a week, 8am.-8pm. by calling 0818222024.
Month of Creation: This starts 1 September, the Day of Prayer for Creation, and ends 4 October, the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of ecology. Christians worldwide are encouraged to use this time to commit themselves to making greater efforts to care for creation. This commitment is both spiritual and practical. Called ‘Season of Creation’, it is a time for prayer, commitment and action for our common home and on behalf of our common human family. How can we play our part in this initiative?