The following will be remembered at this weekend’s Masses:
Tom Croke, Regaile (Month’s Mind); Tim and Anne Dwyer, Longfield Cross; Jerry & James Barry and deceased members of the Barry family, Freighduff
Please pray for: Phil Ryan (Raymond), Thurles & Rossmore; Conor Walsh, Luton & Tobberadora
Mass has been offered for Thady O’ Donnell, Lr. Nodstown (2 Dec)
Mon 7 Dec 7.30pm: Bridget (Dill) Dwyer, Ballytarsna
(Next Weekend: John Ryan, Castlemoyle & London; Deegan & Guerin family, Limerick)
Mon 7 Dec is the memorial of St Ambrose (340-97), bishop and doctor of the Church. He is patron of the city of Milan and of bee-keepers and domestic pets.
Tue 8 Dec is the solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Boherlahan: Mass on Monday eve 7.30pm & Tuesday 9.00am
- Dualla: Mass on Tuesday morning 9.30 am (Denis Leamy Centre)
Ministers for the Month of December:
Readers: Sat. eve. Corinne O’ Connell; Sun. morn. Ann Murphy and Noirin O’ Dwyer
Stewards: John Foley; Kevin Maher; Johnny Ryan; Philly Ryan are among our usual collectors for December. We invite them to help at car stewarding during this month.
Stewards: Bernie Sheehy; Thomas Heffernan; Killian Darcy; Kieran O’Connor
- Boherlahan Sat. eve. 7.30pm. & Sun. morning 11.00am.
- Dualla (Denis Leamy Centre) Sat. eve. 6.30pm & Sun morn 9.30am (Outside attendance only until we get back to the church)
Guidance for Weekend Masses
- We ask those coming into the church to wear a mask.
- We again encourage you to follow the direction of the stewards/ushers at each Mass.
- Please sanitize your hands entering and leaving the church and at all times respect physical distancing.
- The Collection Box is in the porch of the church if you wish to make a contribution.
- Holy Communion will be distributed inside and outside the church after Mass has finished.
- At the end of each Mass, we are hoping for volunteers to help in sanitizing the pews and seats. Some cloths and sanitizing liquid are available in the church. If people brought a wipe and sanitizer with them and looked after the pew they are using this would be very helpful.
- In the porches of the churches there is a copy book where we invite you to sign your name.
- We ask everyone to use good common sense in respecting all the protocols. We thank you for your wonderful cooperation thus far.
Weekday Masses: Boherlahan: Monday evening 7.30pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9.00am. Dualla: Mass will be celebrated in Our Lady of Fatima Church on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 9.30am. No Mass on Monday.
Booking of Masses: anniversary Masses etc. continue to be offered as usual. Bookings may be made by contacting the sacristan or either of the priests of the parish.
Newsletter Notices: please forward by Wednesday evening any items for the newsletter to either of the priests or at the usual email address: firstname.lastname@example.org These will be included in the online newsletter which will be posted each week on www.boherlahandualla.ie during the pandemic restrictions.
Online Advent Scripture: Glenstal Abbey is offering online talks for Advent. The final one is scheduled for Sunday 20 December @2pm. It will be livestreamed, and all recordings are available at www.glenstal.com/abbey/webcam and click on ‘Talks’.
Boherlahan Parish Hall Redevelopment: Proposed plans for the new Boherlahan Community Centre have now been developed based on feedback from the associated community survey earlier in 2020. A review of these proposed plans have already been completed with sub groups from Boherlahan Parish Council, Boherlahan National School, Bingo and other clubs and organisations. The new Community Centre for Boherlahan village will be located on the site of the existing Parish Hall. Due to COVID 19 restrictions on gatherings an open meeting to review the plans will not be possible. The proposed Community Centre plans are available for review on the community website www.boherlahandualla.ie. Please return any comments or suggestions on the proposed plans to email@example.com
Historical Journal: Thanks to our faithful supporters who have made the sale of the 2020 journal a resounding success. Just a few copies remain. If you haven’t got a copy, contact a member of the committee or one of the retail outlets immediately. Planning for the 2021 journal has already commenced. If you are contemplating writing an article, contact Paddy O’ Dwyer or any member of the committee as soon as possible. Photos for inclusion are very welcome.
Important dates for your Calendar:
Confirmation: The date of Confirmation for the parish of Boherlahan-Dualla is Wednesday, 12th May, 2021. The details relating to, venues , more than one ceremony, or whether the Archbishop will be in attendance, will be decided at a later date. When you receive the Parish Calendar in December, you will notice that the date of Confirmation is May 5th. This was an error in typing.
First Holy Communion: Two dates have been arranged with each of the three schools. Each school has fixed a date in March and also a fall back date in May for First Holy Communion. These dates will be communicated to the parents through the school. They will also appear in our Parish Calendar. All these dates are provisional due to Covid 19.