We remember in prayer:
Sat 29 Aug 7.30pm Dinny O’ Dwyer, Kilbreedy
Sun 30Aug 11.00am Bro. Patrick Ryan (Mason), Ballyroe & Nenagh
Mon 31Aug 7.30pm Sarah (Sadie) Harnett (née Browne) Ballysheehan & Birmingham, England
Sat 29 Aug 6.30pm Michael & Elizabeth Gleeson, Rathclough; Jimmy O’ Gorman, Ballinure; Eamonn Quinlan, Ballykelly
Sat 5 Sept 6.30pm John & Bridget Bergin, Grallagh, and daughters Bernie & Tricia
Pray for: Anne O’ Sullivan, Farranfore, Co. Kerry, who died recently.
HOLY COMMUNION MINISTERS (On duty next week)
BOHERLAHAN: Katie O’ Dwyer; Mary Coman
DUALLA: Joanne Flanagan; Ger Kennedy
Tue 1 Sept is World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation. The theme has been evident in the writings and speeches of Pope Francis since the beginning of the pontificate. Let us all play our part in caring for the world we live in.
Thu 3 Sept is the feast of St Gregory the Great (540-604), pope and doctor of the Church. A promoter of plainchant in the Church’s music, he is widely honoured as a patron of musicians.
Ministers for the Month of September:
Readers: (Sat. eve. 7.30 pm) F. & E. O’ Dwyer, Thurlesbeg; (Sun. 11.00 am) E. Fitzgerald, Ardmayle
Collectors: (Sat. eve.) Michael Wallace; Betty Carew; Jerry Fogarty; (Sun. Morn.) Ml Maher & Jn P. O’ Dwyer; Marian Ryan; James Murphy
Readers: (Sat. 6:30 pm) Rosie Gahan; (Sun 9:30 am) Peter Gleeson
Altar Society: Kathleen O’ Donnell; Mary O’ Reilly; Nora O’ Connor
Collectors: (Sat. 6:30 pm) Catherine Hayes; Breda Ryan; (Sun 9:30 am) Eleanor Dwyer; Breda Clarke
Note for Collectors (Boherlahan & Dualla): as there are no collections during Mass, we invite the collectors normally rostered to help as stewards/ushers.
First Friday: Friday 4 September is the First Friday. Fr. Egan and Fr. Dunne will make the usual contact with the sick and the housebound. Mass and confessions at the usual times.
- We ask those coming into the church to wear a mask.
- We again encourage you to follow the direction of the stewards/ushers at each Mass.
- Please sanitize your hands entering and leaving the church and at all times respect physical distancing.
- The Collection Box is in the porch of the Church if you wish to make a contribution.
- Holy Communion will be distributed inside and outside the church after Mass has finished.
- At the end of each Mass, we are hoping for volunteers to help in sanitizing the pews and seats. Some cloths and sanitizing liquid are available in the church. If people brought a wipe and sanitizer with them and looked after the pew they are using this would be very helpful.
- In the porches of the churches there is a copy book where we invite you to sign your name.
- We ask everyone to use good common sense in respecting all the protocols. We thank you for your wonderful cooperation thus far.
- Dispensation from Sunday and Holyday obligation is extended for the time being.
- In arranging Anniversary Masses, Baptisms or Weddings it would be best to ring the priests or the sacristans.
- Baptisms and Weddings may be celebrated respecting physical distancing.
Emergencies: during the Covid-19 restrictions, Fr Dunne remains on-call to respond to emergencies e.g. sacrament of the sick. Please telephone him at 083-4854776.
Newsletter Notices: please forward by Wednesday evening any items for the newsletter to either of the priests or at the usual email address: firstname.lastname@example.org These will be included in the online newsletter which will be posted each week on www.boherlahandualla.ie during the pandemic restrictions.
Schools Reopening: Scoil San Isadóir, Boherlahan opened on a staggered basis on Thursday 27 August. All the students at the school will have returned by Monday 31 August.
Little Flower NS, Ballytarsna, also reopened on Thursday 27 August. Dualla NS will reopen on Tuesday 1 September. We hope and pray that all our schools will have a happy, healthy and successful year.
COMMUNITY WEBSITE: www.boherlahandualla.ie. Contact email@example.com for information or to submit content. Articles and photographs always welcome.
Alone manage a National Support Line and additional supports for older people who have concerns or are facing difficulties relating to the outbreak of Covid-19. Professional staff are available to answer queries and give advice and assurance where necessary. The Support Line is open seven days a week, 8am.-8pm. by calling 0818222024.