We remember in prayer:
Sat 26 Sept 7.30pm Rita Woods, Ballytarsna
Sun 27 Sept 11.00am Larry, Sheila & Paddy O’ Dwyer, Thurlesbeg
Sun 4 Oct 11.00am Kitty Burke, Clareen
Sat 3 Oct 6.30pm Helen Kelly, Dublin Rd & her mother Agnes Butler, Burncourt & Dublin Rd
Pray for: Kathleen Crowe née Leamy, Thurles and Ballytarsna, who died recently.
Today is World Day of Prayer for Migrants and Refugees. We are all invited to help these people who come to our country by welcoming, protecting, promoting and integrating them into our life here.
Tue 29 Sept is the feast of Ss Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, archangels.
Wed 30 Sept is the memorial of St Jerome (340-420), priest and doctor of the Church.
Thu 1 Oct is the memorial of St Thérèse of the Child Jesus, virgin and doctor of the Church. ‘The Little Flower’ died at the Carmel in Lisieux on 30 September 1897. She is a patron of missions, florists, aviators and France. October, month of the Rosary, begins today.
Fri 2 Oct is the memorial of the Guardian Angels.
HOLY COMMUNION MINISTERS (On duty next week)
BOHERLAHAN: Mary Ryan (F.); Marie Ryan
DUALLA: Billy Gleeson; Marion Gleeson
Ministers for the Month of October:
Readers: Sat. 7.30 pm J. & D. Maher, Camas; Sun. 11.00 am Noel McGrath
Ushers: (Sat) Thomas Quirke & Nuala Maher; (Sun) Michael Tuohy, Bernadette McGrath & Thomas Moylan
Readers: (Sat. 6:30 pm) Peter Gleeson; (Sun 9:30 am) Marguerite Kelly
Altar Society: Ann Leamy, Kate Fahy, Rosie Gahan & Grace Ryan
Ushers: (Sat. 6:30 pm) Séamus Crosse & Robert Power; (Sun 9:30 am) Paddy Flanagan & Andrew Kennedy
October First Friday: Fr Egan and Fr Dunne will make usual contact for Friday 2 Oct. Masses and Confessions at the usual times.
Priests’ Autumn Collection: was taken up last weekend. We say sincere thanks for your generosity and support in the past. We do need your help and offerings if we are to meet our targets for this year. If you were away or missed out, please place your offering in the collection box in either church.
- We ask those coming into the church to wear a mask.
- We again encourage you to follow the direction of the stewards/ushers at each Mass.
- Please sanitize your hands entering and leaving the church and at all times respect physical distancing.
- The Collection Box is in the porch of the Church if you wish to make a contribution.
- Holy Communion will be distributed inside and outside the church after Mass has finished.
- At the end of each Mass, we are hoping for volunteers to help in sanitizing the pews and seats. Some cloths and sanitizing liquid are available in the church. If people brought a wipe and sanitizer with them and looked after the pew they are using this would be very helpful.
- In the porches of the churches there is a copy book where we invite you to sign your name.
- We ask everyone to use good common sense in respecting all the protocols. We thank you for your wonderful cooperation thus far.
Emergencies: during the Covid-19 restrictions, Fr Dunne remains on-call to respond to emergencies e.g. sacrament of the sick. Please telephone him at 083-4854776.
Newsletter Notices: please forward by Wednesday evening any items for the newsletter to either of the priests or at the usual email address: email@example.com These will be included in the online newsletter which will be posted each week on www.boherlahandualla.ie during the pandemic restrictions.
First Holy Communion Celebrations 2020:
- San Isadóir Boherlahan NS Sat 26 Sept 11.00am. Congratulations and prayerful good wishes to the children and their families.
- Little Flower NS Ballytarsna Sat 3 Oct 11.00am at Our Lady of Fatima Church, Dualla. Please pray for the children and their families during this week.
Current government Covid-19 guidelines have to be respected in these celebrations. Unfortunately for these celebrations we are limited to 50 people. As a result we ask that the First Communicant and their parents plus school personnel attend the ceremony in the church. All other siblings, grandparents and friends are welcome to stay in their cars outside the church during the ceremony. We also encourage parents to keep an eye on the numbers attending the family celebration afterwards. We know that we can rely on your goodwill and understanding in making these requests.
Historical Journal: Due to government and HSE advice regarding public gatherings, it wasn’t feasible to have the usual launch of the journal. Instead, the journal was launched in Bianconi Park in an open-air setting in mid July with only the committee members present. Fr Thomas Dunne CC had the honour of launching the 2020 journal.
The launch will be available for viewing on:
Here are some of the articles: *The Kilbreedy road, 1950 *Newtown Cross Ambush, 2 July 1920 *Activities of the Rockite movement to the north of the parish *Bloody Sunday, 21 November 1920: A parish connection *1918, a remarkable year both locally and nationally *Living on the edge: A look at those outside the parish of Dualla but with close ties to the local community *Ardmayle: Its development and decline *From Nodstown to San Francisco: The story of John J. O’Brien *A bazaar day in Ardmayle, 30 July 1902