We remember in prayer:
Sun 2 Aug 11.00am David Hawe, Fermoy
Sat 8 Aug 7.30pm Mary Donnelly, Nodstown
Sun 9 Aug 11.00am Sr Paula Buckley, Camas and Presentation Sisters; John Maher, Nodstown (Month’s Mind)
Sat 1 Aug 6.30pm Tom Ryan, Dualla
Pray for: Margaret (Peg) Hanafin, Thurles and Holycross; John (Jackie) Devitt, Cashel, who died last week.
HOLY COMMUNION MINISTERS (On duty next week)
BOHERLAHAN: Mary Ryan (N) & Nellie Taylor
DUALLA: Marie O’ Gorman & Ger Kennedy
Tue 4 Aug is the memorial of St John Vianney (1786-1859), priest. Commonly referred to as the Curé d’Ars, he was a famed confessor for many years. His life story reveals at once the reality of the powers of evil and the futility of these powers when confronted by the grace of God. Canonised in 1925, he was named principal patron saint of parochial clergy in 1929. See the prayer in his honour below.
Thu 6 Aug is the feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord.
Sat 8 Aug is the memorial of St Dominic (1170-1221), priest. He founded the Order of Preachers (Dominicans).
Note for Collectors (Boherlahan & Dualla): as there are no collections during Mass, we invite the collectors to help as stewards/ushers during the month of August.
First Friday: Next Friday is the First Friday in August. Fr. Egan and Fr. Dunne will make contact by telephone with the sick and the housebound. Mass and confessions at the usual times.
Pilgrimage to Knock: As the pilgrimage to Knock was cancelled this year due to Covid-19 let us on this our Knock Pilgrimage Day turn to Mary and ask her protection and intercession in all our needs.
Cemetery Mass at Ardmayle: We are hoping to celebrate our Annual Cemetery Mass at Ardmayle on Saturday 15 August at 7.00pm. We do ask for your help and cooperation in maintaining physical distancing and all the other protocols for health and safety. We are asking families to send representatives rather than large groups. We encourage people to wear face masks. If the weather is unfavourable we will stream the Mass from Immaculate Conception Church, Boherlahan at 7.30pm. If the Mass goes ahead at Ardmayle there will be no vigil Mass in Boherlahan on that Saturday evening.
Parish Donations Online: We are delighted to announce that an online donation facility for our parish is now live and available for use on the Diocesan website – https://cashel-emly.ie/donate/. We hope that this much-needed method of giving will offer parishioners an easily accessible means to donate to your parish either on a one-off or regular basis. This facility allows for a Covid-19-friendly option for you to contribute online at a time convenient to you.
Returning to Weekend Masses
- Sincere thanks for your cooperation in respecting the protocols for health and safety at the Masses each weekend.
- We were very pleased that people were availing of parking around both churches and we hope you were able to hear the Mass loud and clear.
- We ask those coming into the church to wear a mask.
- We again encourage you to follow the direction of the stewards/ushers at each Mass.
- Please sanitize your hands entering and leaving the church and at all times respect physical distancing.
- The Collection Box is in the porch of the Church if you wish to make a contribution.
- Holy Communion will be distributed inside and outside the church after Mass has finished. The priest and the Holy Communion ministers will wear a face shield when distributing Holy Communion.
- At the end of each Mass, we are hoping for volunteers to help in sanitizing the pews and seats. Some cloths and sanitizing liquid are available in the church. If people brought a wipe and sanitizer with them and looked after the pew they are using this would be very helpful.
- In the porches of the churches there is a copy book where we invite you to sign your name. If there is more than one in the family attending, then the family name will suffice. This to help the authorities in tracing in the event of another outbreak of the virus.
- We ask everyone to use good common sense in respecting all the protocols. We are delighted to see you back attending Mass. We need God’s help and the help of others in these challenging times.
- Dispensation from Sunday and Holyday obligation is extended for the time being.
- In arranging Anniversary Masses, Baptisms or Weddings it would be best to ring the priests or the sacristans.
- Baptisms and Weddings may be celebrated respecting physical distancing.
Emergencies: during the Covid-19 restrictions, Fr Dunne remains on-call to respond to emergencies e.g. sacrament of the sick. Please telephone him at 083-4854776.
Newsletter Notices: please forward by Wednesday evening any items for the newsletter to either of the priests or at the usual email address: email@example.com These will be included in the online newsletter which will be posted each week on www.boherlahandualla.ie during the pandemic restrictions.
A pair of dark-rimmed glasses were found in Boherlahan village last Sunday. Enquiries 083-4854776.
Prayer in Honour of St John Vianney:
Father of mercy, you made St John Vianney outstanding in his priestly zeal and concern for your people. By his example and prayers, enable us to win our brothers and sisters to the love of Christ and come with them to eternal glory. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.