We remember in prayer:
Sat 18 Jul 7.30pm Meristella Thabah, India, who died recently
Sun 19 Jul 11.00am Thomas & Mary Bennett, Ballytarsna and dec. members of the Bennett & Rogers families
Sat 25 Jul 7.30pm Wm. & Ellen Murphy, Freighduff, their son P.J. and their daughter Catherine Ryan
Sun 26 Jul 11.00am Rose & J.J. McGrath, Clonmore;
Jackie & Mary (Mem) Maher, Nodstown
Sun 19 Jul 9.30am Mikie McGrath, Newpark, and dec. McGrath family, Dualla
Pray for: John Maher, Nodstown Lr, who died recently.
HOLY COMMUNION MINISTERS (On duty next week)
BOHERLAHAN: Mary Coman & Katie O’ Dwyer
DUALLA: Annette O’ Donnell & Billy Gleeson
Wed 22 Jul is the feast of St Mary Magdalene
Thu 23 Jul is the feast of St Bridget of Sweden, religious, patron of Europe
Sat 25 Jul is the feast of St James, Apostle. Often called James the Greater, he was the first of the Apostles to die for Christ. Many people, including the youth, visit his shrine at Compostela, Spain, following one of the traditional routes of the camino.
Readers and Holy Communion Ministers: We fully understand if some ministers or readers may be uneasy or uncomfortable in resuming this service. If for some reason you are unable to attend, that will be understood by all. The health and wellbeing of our people will always be our first priority.
Weekday Masses: until further notice Masses on weekdays will be celebrated as follows:
Boherlahan: Monday 7.30pm and Thursday 9.00am
Dualla: Tuesday 9.30am and Friday 9.30am
Please note that the obligation on weekends has been suspended by the Bishops during the pandemic. You may choose to attend Mass, therefore, at the weekend or alternatively on any weekday.
First Holy Communion Dates 2020:
- Dualla NS Sat 19 Sept 11.00am at Our Lady of Fatima Church, Dualla;
- San Isadóir Boherlahan NS Sat 26 Sept 11.00am at Immaculate Conception Church, Boherlahan;
- Little Flower NS Ballytarsna Sat 3 Oct 11.00am at Our Lady of Fatima Church, Dualla.
Current government Covid-19 guidelines will have to be respected in these celebrations.
Celebration of Baptism: Celebration of Baptism is allowed with limited numbers attending and physical distancing observed.
Returning to Weekend Masses
- Sincere thanks for your cooperation in respecting the protocols for health and safety at the Masses last weekend.
- We were very pleased that people were availing of parking around both churches and we hope you were able to hear the Mass loud and clear.
- We invite those coming into the church to wear a mask.
- We again encourage you to follow the direction of the stewards/ushers at each Mass.
- Please sanitize your hands entering and leaving the church and at all times respect physical distancing.
- The Collection Box is in the porch of the Church if you wish to make a contribution.
- Holy Communion will be distributed inside and outside the church after Mass has finished. The priest and the Holy Communion ministers will wear a face shield when distributing Holy Communion.
- At the end of each Mass, we are hoping for volunteers to help in sanitizing the pews and seats. Some cloths and sanitizing liquid are available in the church. If people brought a wipe and sanitizer with them and looked after the pew they are using this would be very helpful.
- In the porches of the churches there is a copy book where we invite you to sign your name. If there is more than one in the family attending, then the family name will suffice. This to help the authorities in tracing in the event of another outbreak of the virus.
- We ask everyone to use good common sense in respecting all the protocols. We are delighted to see you back attending Mass. We need God’s help and the help of others in these challenging times.
- Dispensation from Sunday and Holyday obligation is extended for the time being.
- In arranging Anniversary Masses, Baptisms or Weddings it would be best to ring the priests or the sacristans.
- Baptisms and Weddings may be celebrated respecting physical distancing.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in both churches has resumed at the usual times. In Boherlahan the Adoration will be in the main church.
Mass livestream: Mass will be streamed live during the current crisis every Sunday at 11.00am and perhaps on other days too. To avail of this facility, go to www.boherlahandualla.ie/mass
Emergencies: during the Covid-19 restrictions, Fr Dunne remains on-call to respond to emergencies e.g. sacrament of the sick. Please telephone him at 083-4854776.
Opening Hours of Churches: the churches of the parish are open daily from 10.00 am to 5.00pm. If you visit either of the churches in the parish, a number of protocols in the interest of safety are in place. Please follow the instruction notices when you are inside the church.
Receiving Holy Communion: We will distribute Holy Communion after each Mass. We will conclude Mass, give the final blessing and those not receiving Communion may leave starting from the back of the church. Then those who are receiving may come forward in single file and keeping physical distance. Communion will be received in the hand. The celebrant and minister of the Eucharist will wear a face shield. They will then go out to those in the car parks. Please make yourself known to the approaching minister if you intend to receive at your car.
Newsletter Notices: please forward by Wednesday evening any items for the newsletter to Fr Dunne at the usual email address: email@example.com These will be included in the online newsletter which will be posted each week on www.boherlahandualla.ie during the pandemic restrictions.
VOCATIONS TO PRIESTHOOD/RELIGIOUS LIFE: ‘The Spirit too helps us in our weakness, for we do not know how to pray as we ought.’ Do you approach the Lord in prayer with the confident strength given by the Holy Spirit, asking that He make known your unique vocation? If you are discerning your vocation contact: Fr Joe Walsh 086-7714888 or your local priest.
Covid-19 Support Line for Older People: ALONE has launched a national support line and additional supports for older people who have concerns or are facing difficulties relating to the outbreak of COVID-19. Professional staff are available to answer queries and give advice and reassurance where necessary. The support line is open seven days a week 8am-8pm 0818-222-024.
Dualla Community Association wishes to acknowledge the recent District Community Grant from Tipperary County Council towards running costs of the local community field and is appreciative of the ongoing support of the local authority.
Boherlahan-Dualla Historical Journal: The Journal for 2020 is with the printers. Thanks to all involved in its compilation. We hope to have the official launch later in the year.
Thanksgiving for Blessings
Just to say Thank you
For showing that you care;
Just to say Thank you
I offer now my prayer.
May the Lord
Lovingly bless you each and every day;
May his peace be always with you
For this I truly pray;
May his love keep and help you
In all you do and say;
May his Spirit lead and guide you
Along life’s winding way. Amen.