We remember in prayer:
Sat 12 Sept 7.30pm Annie & Paddy Hewitt, Bawnmore and Mary Croke, Gaile
Sun 13 Sept 11.00am Dave & Kate Barry and their great-grandchild Robyn Ryan, Freighduff
Mon 14 Sept 7,30pm Deceased members of Boherlahan-Dualla Legion of Mary
Sat 19 Sept 7.30pm Josephine O’ Dwyer, Thurlesbeg
Sun 20 Sept 11.00am Nicholas Maher, Clareen and his sister-in-law Sarah Danagher
Sat 12 Sept 6.30pm Tom O’ Donnell, Fussough
Sat 19 Sept 6.30pm Bernard & Catherine Cahill, Camas
Pray for: Bernard Cantwell, Cashel, who died recently.
Mon 14 Sept is the feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Tue 15 Sept is the memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows
Wed 16 Sept is the memorial of Ss Cornelius, pope, and Cyprian, bishop, martyrs.
HOLY COMMUNION MINISTERS (On duty next week)
BOHERLAHAN: Nellie Taylor; Mary Ryan (N.)
DUALLA: Theresa Lawrence; Ann Marie O’ Keeffe
Priests’ Autumn Collection: will be taken up next weekend. We say sincere thanks for your generosity and support in the past. We do need your help and offerings if we are to meet our targets for this year.
Ushers/Stewards for the Month of September: as there are no collections during Mass, we invite the collectors normally rostered to help as stewards/ushers:
Boherlahan: (Sat. eve.) Michael Wallace; Betty Carew; Jerry Fogarty
(Sun. Morn.) Ml Maher & Jn P. O’ Dwyer; Marian Ryan; James Murphy
Dualla: (Sat. 6:30 pm) Catherine Hayes; Breda Ryan
(Sun 9:30 am) Eleanor Dwyer; Breda Clarke
- We ask those coming into the church to wear a mask.
- We again encourage you to follow the direction of the stewards/ushers at each Mass.
- Please sanitize your hands entering and leaving the church and at all times respect physical distancing.
- The Collection Box is in the porch of the church if you wish to make a contribution.
- Holy Communion will be distributed inside and outside the church after Mass has finished.
- At the end of each Mass, we are hoping for volunteers to help in sanitizing the pews and seats. Some cloths and sanitizing liquid are available in the church. If people brought a wipe and sanitizer with them and looked after the pew they are using this would be very helpful.
- In the porches of the churches there is a copy book where we invite you to sign your name.
- We ask everyone to use good common sense in respecting all the protocols. We thank you for your wonderful cooperation thus far.
- Dispensation from Sunday and Holyday obligation is extended for the time being.
- In arranging Anniversary Masses, Baptisms or Weddings it would be best to ring the priests or the sacristans.
- Baptisms and Weddings may be celebrated respecting physical distancing.
Emergencies: during the Covid-19 restrictions, Fr Dunne remains on-call to respond to emergencies e.g. sacrament of the sick. Please telephone him at 083-4854776.
Newsletter Notices: please forward by Wednesday evening any items for the newsletter to either of the priests or at the usual email address: email@example.com These will be included in the online newsletter which will be posted each week on www.boherlahandualla.ie during the pandemic restrictions.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: We have a very loyal group of Adorers who attend each week to pray before the Blessed Sacrament. We thank them for their generosity and goodness. We are always asking for new people to join them. God will reward your efforts and grant your prayers. The times of Adoration are as follows:
Boherlahan: Mondays : 10.00am – 12.00; 2.00pm – 3.00pm; 6.00pm – 8.00pm. Dualla: Friday mornings: 8.45am – 9.30am
First Holy Communion Dates 2020:
- Dualla NS Sat 19 Sept 11.00am at Our Lady of Fatima Church, Dualla;
- San Isadóir Boherlahan NS Sat 26 Sept 11.00am at Immaculate Conception Church, Boherlahan;
- Little Flower NS Ballytarsna Sat 3 Oct 11.00am at Our Lady of Fatima Church, Dualla.
Current government Covid-19 guidelines will have to be respected in these celebrations. Unfortunately for these celebrations we are limited to 50 people. As a result we ask that the First Communicant and their parents plus school personnel attend the ceremony in the church. All other siblings, grandparents and friends are welcome to stay in their cars outside the church during the ceremony. We also encourage parents to keep an eye on the numbers attending the family celebration afterwards. We know that we can rely on your goodwill and understanding in making these requests.
Month of Creation: This starts 1 September, the Day of Prayer for Creation, and ends 4 October, the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of ecology. Christians worldwide are encouraged to use this time to commit themselves to making greater efforts to care for creation. This commitment is both spiritual and practical. Called ‘Season of Creation’, it is a time for prayer, commitment and action for our common home and on behalf of our common human family. How can we play our part in this initiative?