The following will be remembered at this weekend’s Masses:
John Ryan, Castlemoyle & London; Michael O’ Dwyer, Ardmayle; Stephen O’ Dwyer and dec. family members, Bawnmore; Deegan & Guerin family, Limerick; Frank La Flamme & his mother Kathleen, Garryard
Please Pray for: Phyllis Maher, Thurlesbeg; Mary Hennessy, Ardmayle East and London, Requiem Mass in Immaculate Conception Church, Boherlahan on Monday at 2pm. Burial afterwards in Ardmayle.
Mass has been offered for Maureen and John O’ Donnell, Cahir
(Next Weekend: Joseph Heffernan, Christopher & Christina Russell, Drogheda)
Today is Bambinelli Sunday: Blessing the Christ Child. This beautiful Advent tradition was instituted by Pope St John Paul II during his papacy. The tradition follows that on Gaudete Sunday (3rd Sunday of Advent) children would bring their Baby Jesus figures to St Peter’s Square where the Pope would bless them. We share in the spirit of that tradition by giving a blessing at the Masses this weekend to all the Baby Jesus figures in your homes. Use the blessing that follows at home as well, with all the family gathered around your crib. Bambinelli Blessing: Dear children, gathered with all the family, we ask God to bless our Baby Jesus figure. + May the protection of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph protect us all. The crib in our home reminds us that Jesus was born in a stable in Bethlehem. May Jesus bless us and our families with joy and peace. When we pray at our family crib this Christmas, may we be thankful for the gift of each other. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Mon 14 Dec is the memorial of St John of the Cross (1542-91), priest and doctor of the Church. He was a Carmelite priest, poet, and spiritual writer.
Ministers for the Month of December:
Readers: Sat. eve. Corinne O’ Connell: Sun. morn. Ann Murphy and Noirin O’ Dwyer
Stewards: John Foley; Kevin Maher; Johnny Ryan; Philly Ryan are among our usual collectors for December. We invite them to help at car stewarding during this month.
Stewards: Bernie Sheehy; Thomas Heffernan; Killian Darcy; Kieran O’Connor
- Boherlahan Sat. eve. 7.30pm. & Sun. morn. 11.00am.
- Dualla (Denis Leamy Centre) Sat. eve. 6.30pm & Sun morn. 9.30am (Outside attendance only until we get back to the church)
Guidance for Weekend Masses
- In accordance with public health directions, please wear a face covering when inside the church.
- We again encourage you to follow the direction of the stewards/ushers at each Mass.
- Please sanitize your hands entering and leaving the church and at all times respect physical distancing.
- The Collection Box is in the porch of the church if you wish to make a contribution.
- Holy Communion will be distributed inside and outside the church after Mass has finished.
- At the end of each Mass, we are hoping for volunteers to help in sanitizing the pews and seats. Some cloths and sanitizing liquid are available in the church. If people brought a wipe and sanitizer with them and looked after the pew they are using this would be very helpful.
- In the porches of the churches there is a copy book where we invite you to sign your name.
- We ask everyone to use good common sense in respecting all the protocols. We thank you for your wonderful cooperation thus far.
Weekday Masses: Boherlahan: Monday evening 7.30pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9.00am; Dualla: Mass on Monday to Friday at 9.30am.
Booking of Masses: anniversary Masses etc. continue to be offered as usual. Bookings may be made by contacting the sacristan or either of the priests of the parish.
Masses for Christmas:
Boherlahan: Christmas Eve (Thu) 5.30pm & 7.30pm; Christmas morning 11.00am
Dualla: Christmas Eve (Thu) 4.30pm & 6.30pm; Christmas morning 9.30am
There will also be the usual Masses for the weekend on Saturday and Sunday. You may also avail of one of these as your attendance at Christmas Mass.
Christmas Priests Collection: The Christmas Priests Collection is usually taken up on this Sunday. We sincerely thank the many generous people in our parish who are so loyal in supporting these collections. You may place your envelope in the box in the porch of the church or hand it in to us at any time.
Online Advent Scripture: Glenstal Abbey is offering online talks for Advent. The final one is scheduled for Sunday 20 December @2pm. It will be live streamed, and all recordings are available at www.glenstal.com/abbey/webcam and click on ‘Talks’.
Important dates for your Calendar: Confirmation & First Holy Communion: the dates have been publicised recently. A reminder notice in the newsletter will be issued after Christmas.
Community Website: On www.boherlahandualla.ie, you can read the Legion of Mary Bulletin for December, which provides an excellent explanation of the Advent Wreath and the symbols used in the Christmas Crib. Please send any notices, reports, photos and news to email@example.com.
Boherlahan Dualla Ladies Football: Please support our ‘SANTA PAWS’ pet photo competition. Send photos of your pet in the great outdoors by 8pm this Monday 14 Dec. Send to our Instagram/Facebook page and support us on GoFundMe (http://gf.me/u/y98h64). Prizes will be awarded.